We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAMSUNG galaxy note tab 10.1.....:p

ludey dudey

Likes # 0

Hey guys, girls, anyone with a samsung tab...

i just picked my wife up a galaxy note 10.1 tab & have had a play around with it, checked out some of the features etc but im alilte stumped when i comes to downloading apps NOT through the tab but through my PC. im reasonably savy with my laptop & use a Ipad myself (jailbrocken) downloading online and drag & drop into itunes etc but was wondering was the procedure is to do the same thing on this samsung..?

if any one has one or knows how that would be top banana :)

Ludey Dudey

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

To download apps for the Samsung Galaxy Tab as opposed to through your PC, then on the Tab go to Play Store and then click on the magnifying glass (top right)

Like this post
ludey dudey

Likes # 0

thanks for your reply but im actually trying to download them without using the tab, same as if i want to get app for my Ipad without going through the app store i just get it via torrent & drag & drop into itunes for sync, was intressted as to wether this is possible on the samsung, if so how

cheers

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Are you talking about free apps or paid for ones?

I'm at a bit of a loss to know why you're using torrent.

I have no problem accessing Play Store through my PC

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Why do you not want to use the Tab to download directly?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

compumac: because he's too tight to pay 98p for an App.

Like this post
ludey dudey

Likes # 0

wouldnt quite say i was tight, just looking at understanding the whole process & options available. you mentioned downloading apps directly? do you mean through the app/play store thingie or using something like utorrent? if i can direct download directly to the tab then great, still wrapping my head around whole android side.

ta

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I'm still a bit confused.

In your original post you say that you don't want tow download through the Tab, but in your last post you say that such a thing would be great

If you are looking for a method to pirate paid for apps I doubt if you'll get much help here.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

As I first stated:-

To download apps for the Samsung Galaxy Tab as opposed to through your PC, then on the Tab go to Play Store and then click on the magnifying glass (top right) ..

Quite straight forward.

Like this post
ludey dudey

Likes # 0

okay cool, thanks for your help guys

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up