We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How can I clear the cache in IE9?

Housten

Likes # 0

Good Afternoon,

My ‘braindeadness’ is showing itself again. I have been having a problem with an order I tried to place with Amazon, and who are now driving my wife and myself bananas with their unhelpfulness. After a couple of emails Amazon have come back with the suggestion that “While a healthy cache can speed up your Web surfing, you might start to experience slowness when the cache begins to fill up.” And so I assumed that I should empty the cache, though I do not believe it has anything to do with the problem which we believe to their web site as my wife's laptop had an even worse problem!!!!

Anyway, willing to try and comply I have looked through the ‘Tools’ option in IE9 but can not find anything about the cache! Now I have quite a few addresses in my address bar – Ccleaner keeps wiping them out so I have a ‘Word’ document with them which I use so I do not have to keep re-typing them into the address bar – and I am hoping that someone will be able to tell me how to clean my cache without it clearing my list of addresses. Of course I may be dreaming and they are ‘both’ cleared or then again, neither!! So if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

When you use CCleaner it will delete and clear the cache for you.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If you want to remember a web address then add it your favourites. This will save you having a word doc with them on.

Ccleaner will clear all the addresses in your address, otherwise known as history,so if you add them to your favourites then all you need to do is click on favourites and then the particular site you want go to.

Sent from my IPhone.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Gentlemen,

Good morning!

Many, many thanks for your replies, just what I want.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room