We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC case and Graphics card choices

Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

I am considering whether to buy a pre built PC from Scan or whether to purchase individual components and build it. I can see the pros and cons in both. However whichever option I take, I will have almost unlimited choice of case and GPU. I highlight these 2 components as they are the ones I feel that I have least knowledge of.

I will be using the PC for general internet and office functions, some photographic processing using Photoshop Elements, and some undemanding games.

I've always considered a case to be a box that everything goes into, and never really considered how different ones can enhance the experience. However, I would like something reasonably quiet so am looking for recommendations as to what I should be taking into consideration. I am likely to be using a SSD drive and in the long term an absolute maximum of 2 HDD, but more likely only a single one. My CPU is likely to be a i5 3570K and appropriate MB.

As far as GPU goes, I don't want it to be all singing all dancing, but want it to be still relevant in 5 years time. As long as it can handle processing large batches of photos at once, that is the most I am likely to expect from it.

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer