We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HELP!! SONY VAIO UPDATES NOT LOADING

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I asked this earlier and thought it was a new laptop getting up to speed but there is DEFINITEY a problem with the updates not loading on my new Sony Vaio windows 7 laptop, as soon as I log off there are 24 updates and it says they are installing but as soon as I log on again and then log off the updates (24) are still having to be installed, I have opened control panel and chosen automatic updates but this is still happening, what can I do?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE (is it something to do with the UAC that has to be disabled??)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You will have more control over Windows Updates if you alter your settings to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them" - this is done via Control Panel - Windows Updates - Change Settings. You can then choose between the critical updates and optional updates.

It is sometimes better to install either single updates which will take longer or a few at a time also with Windows Updates and Software Updates I find it is best to keep these updates separate.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I actually found that by uncrossing the box for microft PRODUCT updates did the trick, all the 23 updates were for a microsoft word/excel programme that I dont have on this laptop, now it just does all the downloads specific to the windows 7 properly on automatic updates and I dont get any of those annoying updates on shutdown anymore, thanks LAPTODUNCE

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...