We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connection to Internet

rensen

Likes # 0

I posed this in general forum and was advised maybe best to try helproom. I have just purchased my laptop which has windows 8 on it. Have a wireless router but it connected to Internet briefly and then disconnected me and I cannot get back.

Details: HP G6-2244SA EE2 ISP: Worldwide Group - have not been able to help Wirelss router through NetGear wireless 150 DSL

Can you please help?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

Cant get your router login click here to open.

Not sure if just my fault or not.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If you have not got a Netgear router it won't.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Yes have one.mind you not sure if the superhub is netgear or not.

just looked it is.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If you have a Netgear router you should see this when you click on my link,where you put in your username and password.

Like this post
rensen

Likes # 0

Hi all,

In the router admin page now

No modem, as router is connected directly into phone socket

Can see the router name in the wireless list. Error is windows was unable to connect to celbr which is the wireless SSID name

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"In the router admin page now.."

Thanks for the info.

Navigate to the Wireless section and change its wireless-channel number to one that's as far away as possible from its current one. Don't forget to save the changes. That can frequently help with wireless problems such as yours.

Like this post
rensen

Likes # 0

ok thanks, it was on 6 and have changed to 11. Do I need to reboot laptops etc or should they find it. have still got the same error at the moment

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

No, you shouldn't need to reboot any laptops. It's unlikely to make much difference but you may as well try channel one while you're there.

Did you try the suggestion of turning the router off for a while then turning it back on?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

....forgot to mention above, are your laptops seeing a strongish wireless signal? If it's poor or very poor then that could account for your problems too.

Like this post
rensen

Likes # 0

hi,

laptops are seeing a strong wireless signal and have rebooted and also tried channel 1 as well

tricky on this!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...