We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Shutdown of W7 triggers Num. Lock on K/B

SillBill
Resolved

Likes # 0

Got a new comp recently, 660S, it has the annoying habit of lighting the Num. Lock on my (wired, USB) Keyboard at Shutdown only way so far to switch off the light is to unplug the keyboard which is becoming boring! BTW the light would remain on even though the comp. is shut down until it is restarted - then it goes out!

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Think I found the answer, I removed my k/b from the USB Hub that I was using and plugged it directly into the computer (only available port was USB3) now the light comes on when shutting down but goes off when the comp completely shuts down! It comes back on again at start up but goes out when OS finishes loading - I can live with that!

Like this post  
SillBill

Likes # 0

BTW, the USB hub was NOT a powered one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...