We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPad 4 recovery e-mail problem

Grandad99

Likes # 0

My wife cannot master my PC and has bought an iPad4, mostly for e-mailing and internet shopping.

She has submitted my e-mail address as her recovery option but I did not immediately open the verification e-mail that came to my PC and it has now expired. The "Resend" option brings up error message HTTP Status 500"

Going to the Apple website for help the only way I can see to solve this is to phone them. However the only number given is a USA one. Is there a UK help centre or any other way I can sort the problem?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This is a server problem, try again later or even tomorrow.

But have a look here,towards the bottom. https://portal.apple.com/help/generalHelp.html

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I know it refers to not receiving but I would try it anyway.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

From Apple's UK website:

Technical Support

Online Support

Visit Apple’s support site for quick answers, product tutorials, self-help guides, user discussions, manuals and in-depth technical articles.

Telephone Support

To get technical support over the phone, please call 0844 209 0611. Lines are open Monday-Friday 08:00-19:45 and Saturday 10:00-17:45. Use Express Lane to request an expert at Apple Support to call you back at your convenience. If your product is within its 90-day complimentary support period or covered by an AppleCare Protection Plan, you will not have to pay for the support. Otherwise, you may purchase per-incident support.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow