We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Would like to replace virgin superhub

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I currently have the virgin media superhub ,and to honest it's utter rubbish .i would like to replace it with a better model . Is this an option ,if yes which router should I buy Thanks

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

You don't say whether you have Virgin's Cable or ADSL (via phone line) broadband.

If it is the Cable service, then you must use a Cable Modem provided by them and these days they are supplying a combined Modem and Router in the form of the Superhub. What you can do though is set it in "Modem only" mode and connect your own separate router to it. I have one of these Cable Superhubs and its WiFi performance is not particularly good.

With ADSL via the phone line, you should be able to connect your own combined "Router and ADSL Modem" to the phone line.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, Thanks for the reply.sorry,it's via cable ,and that's the main reason I would like to change it,poor wi-fi . I have read about setting up the superhub has a modem ,but would sooner get rid if it completely .i will have another read about the modem option,as I still have my netgear router . Thanks again

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you had a previous router you can set up the superhub as a modem and run the old router from that.

You can also change the channels on the superhub till you find one that may work better.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

mgmcc

Sorry I should have read your post first.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote