We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connecting laptop to TV for viewing

johnincrete

Likes # 0

My daughter and also a friend both want to connect their laptops to watch stuff on the TV (bigger screen). What should I look for on the laptop and the TV to make this possible? What cable will be needed? What is the maximum length of such a cable?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If your laptop has an HDMI port and the TV the same, then a HDMI cable will be all that you need as it will transmit both video and audio. If the laptop only has a VGA connection then you would need a VGA cable and an audio cable.

But it would be helpful if you could post make/model of both laptop and TV then we will be able to tell you exactly what you need.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?