We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kindle does not see a file transferred from computer

johnincrete

Likes # 0

I have downloaded from Amazon.com two Bible files (paid for one, free the other) that have long file names. For convenience, I renamed them to ESV and KJV using "My Computer" before copy/paste to Kindle. I can "see" the files in the documents folder on Kindle with My Computer but Kindle does not display them to select/read. The Kindle Help pages and files, like most help files, contain lots of useful information about all sorts of things but there is no mention of my problem. Could it be something to do with renaming?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

As long as you did not change any file extension (Kindle) then changing the name should not matter.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I use the Send to Kindle app from Amazon - here, with no problems.

All you have to do is right click, send to, and Kindle is given as an option. Of course you have to make sure that wifi is enabled on your Kindle.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Are you using a kindle PC reader app?

Is your PC and Kindle on the same account?

My daughter and I both have machines with kindle accounts but we cannot transfer kindle books from one to the other due to the encryption used to prevent copying / lending.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do