We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ran a check with spybot and unusual results

Daiol
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,I have windows 7 home premium desktop. Went and run the spybot search and destroy today and a few faults were found. But upon the repair side of the software there were two item that was unable to repair. Can someone please help me out here,The two registry faults are in the image below. Many thanks in advance. Image..

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zOTFx.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry forgot image.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

No Image

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Its there now.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Quite a comprehensive guide to remove it. click here.

In the first section ignore this " 5. Finally, download recommended anti-malware software (direct download) and run a full system scan to make sure that your computer is not infected with other malicious or potentially unwanted applications. Very often Yontoo comes bundled with other potentially unwanted applications."

Instead run free Malwarbytes antimalware and don't tick the box for pro trial. instead.

Carry on removing add-ons and/or extensions in your browsers.

Like this post  
Daiol

Likes # 0

Hi all. Well I ran all superantispyware,ADW cleaner,Spybot,Also ran malwarebytes I have the pro version of that. Went into programs installed I used the iobit uninstaller and deleted all latest installed programs. I did down load a few days ago codecs for windows media player that may have been the culprit,I have been so careful when installing software watching out for sneaky addons this one must have been clever and slipped through the net. Update at 06/01/2013 0850hrs,After all scans etc all looks well its gone.

Many thanks to all once again.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed