We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i have asked this before

nutty norm

Likes # 0

My SD Card from my nikon camera is not recognised on my computer , would it worked if i got a card reader then it would plug directly in to the usb port, nutty norm PS Windows 7

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You can certainly try it as the usb card readers are cheap. If no joy can you ask someone else with a different OS PC to see if you can recover the photos? If you can recover your photos I would use the camera's, not the PC, to reformat the card.

Having said that your PC's card reader might not support SDHC cards and a cheap usb card reader will.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Unlikely if it is corrupt

plugging into another device won't help

If it doesn't work on your computer does it work in another or in the camera?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

It should work, provided the card is not corrupted.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

There is every chance that it will work if it isn't corrupted, card readers are not very expensive, in fact you can get them in Pound Shops for, wait for it, £1.00!

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

What is the size of the SD card? Some older card readers will not read current large sizes of cards.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Assuming that the Camera reads the SD Card, then it has not become corrupted.

Is it possible that the Card Reader is failing to read the Card, or even faulty. See rdave13's idea above.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more