We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Revoked Roots Update - cannot install

keyboardqueen

Likes # 0

My pc will not install the latest windows update (KB2798897) The error message I get says " Revoked Roots Update INF Install failure. Access denied". It's installed fine on my laptop. Im running win xp sp 3 on my pc with automatic updating. Thanks for any help.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Are you logged in as an administrator?

Like this post
keyboardqueen

Likes # 0

Yes, I am.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Its usually because your not an administrator or the inf file is corrupted and will not link to the cat file.

I suggest you try re-downloading first

Like this post
keyboardqueen

Likes # 0

Im definately logged in as admin. Also, ive downloaded it several times and still get the same message :(

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

This update revokes the trust of the following certificates by putting them in the Microsoft Untrusted Certificate Store:

*.google.com issued by *.EGO.GOV.TR

e-islem.kktcmerkezbankasi.org issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

*.EGO.GOV.TR issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are installing equipment drivers from these people.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

This update revokes the trust of the following certificates by putting them in the Microsoft Untrusted Certificate Store:

*.google.com issued by *.EGO.GOV.TR

e-islem.kktcmerkezbankasi.org issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

*.EGO.GOV.TR issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are installing equipment drivers from these people.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014