We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pages turn light green

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Had this problem before when pages turn a sort of light green and I go into colour management and turn the green down a bit and it will work ok for a short spell then start turning green again.

Using W/8 but had the same problem on W/7 before.

Is there any way of locking the colour to the way I want it.It is on board graphics that I have.

It is connected to a TV/monitor by VGA cable.Speccy gives me this.

SyncMaster (1680x1050@59Hz) Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)

and this.

Motherboard Manufacturer Foxconn Model G31MX Series (Socket 775) Version OEM Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model P35/G33/G31 Chipset Revision 10 Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model 82801GB (ICH7/R) Southbridge Revision A1

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It is a Samsung T220HD TV/Monitor.

samsung

I can see where it says analog on it.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

So it is not the monitor.

What PC have you? Make/model. I see you are still using socket 775.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just a cheap one from E-buyer so no make or model.

Motherboard

Manufacturer Foxconn Model G31MX Series (Socket 775) Version OEM Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model P35/G33/G31 Chipset Revision 10 Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model 82801GB (ICH7/R) Southbridge Revision A1 System Temperature 22 °C BIOS Brand Phoenix Technologies, LTD Version 6.00 PG Date 04/21/2009 Voltage CPU CORE 1.136 V MEMORY CONTROLLER 1.776 V +3.3V 3.376 V +5V 5.027 V +12V 12.096 V +5V HIGH THRESHOLD 5.053 V CMOS BATTERY 3.088 V PCI Data Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Available Bus Width Unknown Slot Designation PCI1 Slot Number 0 Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Available Bus Width Unknown Slot Designation PCI2 Slot Number 1 Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Available Bus Width 32 bit Slot Designation PCI3 Slot Number 2 Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Available Bus Width 32 bit Slot Designation PCI4 Slot Number 3

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

graphics

Monitor Name SyncMaster on Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) Current Resolution 1680x1050 pixels Work Resolution 1680x1020 pixels State enabled, primary, output devices support Monitor Width 1680 Monitor Height 1050 Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel Monitor Frequency 59 Hz Device \.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0 Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) Memory 256 MB Memory type 2 Driver version 8.15.10.2697 OpenGL Version 1.1.0 Vendor Microsoft Corporation Renderer GDI Generic GLU Version 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation Values GL Extensions

Any other details you need.It is a bit of a mongrel.Will make sure my next one will be a better one.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This is your motherboard.DDR2 RAM no idea what CPU you have. You should install SIW The home edition (free/discontinued) which will tell you all you need to know about your PC.

Back to your problem if it is not the monitor then most likely then it is the motherboard/graphics chip that is faulty. You would need to try it on another monitor to see if the problem still occurs.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

Ok will try that whenever I can Thanks for your help.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Are you sure the cable is good an the connection is good? White turning pale green is a classic symptom of a poor connection between the graphics port and the monitor. It could be a bad connection at either end, a bad cable, or bad connector at either end. I assume (I haven't read all the replies) you've given the connection at either end a good hard push?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Everything connected Ok.So do not think it is the cable or monitor.Might give it another good clean out and look for any problems inside in the next couple of days.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok took it apart today and could find no problems.Did not need cleaning as such.Put it back together and switched on.Went to colour management and got a notice of new device added.

Not sure of the exact words but tried device manager.monitors.And the setting for that had changed.

So at the moment it is working Ok,Whether it stays that way or not I don't know but fingers are crossed.

So thanks to all that helped and probably suggested that I should try that.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...