We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pages turn light green

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Had this problem before when pages turn a sort of light green and I go into colour management and turn the green down a bit and it will work ok for a short spell then start turning green again.

Using W/8 but had the same problem on W/7 before.

Is there any way of locking the colour to the way I want it.It is on board graphics that I have.

It is connected to a TV/monitor by VGA cable.Speccy gives me this.

SyncMaster (1680x1050@59Hz) Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)

and this.

Motherboard Manufacturer Foxconn Model G31MX Series (Socket 775) Version OEM Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model P35/G33/G31 Chipset Revision 10 Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model 82801GB (ICH7/R) Southbridge Revision A1

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You either,I suspect, have a fault in your monitor or a fault in your onboard graphics.

You could try another monitor if possible or the easiest might be to install a graphics card. As you are not a gamer this will be a reasonably cheap option.

Of course if it is the monitor then the graphics card will not help.

If,as you say, it happened in W7 and now W8 then I think you can rule out a software problem.

Something else you could try is see if you can update onboard graphics drivers.

Integrated video drivers usually aren't updated since they are the easiest and shortest life-span parts that a manufacturer throws in to a computer. But what you could try is Go to Start>right click My Computer>then go to manage>you should see a window pop up>Go to device manager>go to Display Adapters> there should be a video driver there>Then right click on the video driver and uninstall it>Reboot the computer when its finished and it should install the newest driver. If not go to windows update and search through the optional updates.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

My guess goes to a monitor fault too, because of its slow change and possibly an attempt at "self correction."

If you have a VGA socket on both PC and Monitor you could try using a VGA cable in case it is a fault in the present one.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

No Video driver on there Chronus.Just display driver.Just this.

Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM

I am sure I tried updating that driver from Intel and it said it updated it but I think it is still the old driver from Microsoft.

I ran the update from Intel again and it says it has updated it but it still says microsoft on it.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Well in that case its trying a graphics card or another monitor???

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Diemmess

I had a laptop connected to it last week and no problems on the laptop so I would say it is probably a driver problem of some sort.

It is a Foxconn motherboard so a bit of this and that on it but I am sure I had a realtek colour icon in the control panel that I used to use which changed the colour.

But since the upgrade I no longer have that.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Should have added I also have another computer connected to the TV/Monitor with an HDMI cable and get no problems with that.

Chronos the 2nd

Can you recommend a cheap graphics card that will work for me.basically it is only a cheapish tower which does me so I would not want to spend to much for a new card.I don't play games or anything like that.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I had a laptop connected to it last week and no problems on the laptop so I would say it is probably a driver problem of some sort.

So it won't be a monitor fault then?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just one thing that bothers me is when I go to colour management.Display.

It shows device as Syncmaster T220[analog] G33/G31 chipset.

The analog bit bothers me.Should it be different or is that showing the old monitor that I used to have.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I had the laptop connected to the monitor as the laptop had a faulty screen.

I am assuming if that worked ok the Monitor should be ok.You know me a bit thick when it comes to anything technical.Should also add that the laptop was connected using the desktop VGA cable.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sorry I mis-read your post about having the laptop connected to the monitor.

It shows device as Syncmaster T220[analog] G33/G31 chipset.The analog bit bothers me.Should it be different or is that showing the old monitor that I used to have.

What monitor do you have?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features