We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Build PC No Display

quinnism91

Likes # 0

I've just built a new pc specs 430w corsair builder series 80+ bronze intel core i53350p asrock H77-MPRO Radeon HD7870 500gb seagate 8gb corsair vengeance (which isn't on the motherboards QVL)

What happens is when I turn it on there is no display on my tv which is a LG42LD450. I'm using a HDMI lead and I've tried it from the HDMI slot on the graphics card and the motherboard but no display. I also have no audio connection from the front panel so I can't hear no beeps. Please help me as this is my first build and I don't know what to do. Any help appreciated

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Are you getting any beeps at the post screen?

Have you installed the motherboard drivers in the first instance and then the latest graphics card driver after? When I say latest not the ones that came on the disk with the GPU but downloaded from the AMD website?

The RAM should be fine.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

I'm not able to see anything on the screen so I cant download the latest drivers. No beep I have an audio slot from the front panel, so dont't know if I'm supposed to hear anything

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you changed the input on the telly to PC or HDMI?

The beep comes from a small speaker button that you should have installed on your motherboard. Looks like this and would have come with your case and fits very near the front panel connections on your motherboard. Your manual will tell you exactly where. This is useful as the beeps that can be heard can give a clue to any problems.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

I t's on HDMI My case didn't come with the speaker

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Knowing not a lot about it.I had to change the settings on the TV when I installed my computer using HDMI.Then change back if I wanted to watch the TV.

No doubt you would have tried all of that but thought that I would mention it just in case.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

yeah done that read the tv manual its just change the tv input onto hdmi

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Asumming new build no op system therefore no drivers installed I wouldn't expect HMDI to be operable yet.

You may need to connect with a vga cable first to get it all set up.

FAns running hdd noises?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

And you don't monitor I am assuming? I am also surprised that you did not get the little speaker in with all the cases screws etc.That is a nuisance.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

And you don't monitor I am assuming? should read And you don't have a monitor I am assuming?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Fruitbat.

What an excellent thought I am far to busy looking for the more complex solution.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK