We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Build PC No Display

quinnism91

Likes # 0

I've just built a new pc specs 430w corsair builder series 80+ bronze intel core i53350p asrock H77-MPRO Radeon HD7870 500gb seagate 8gb corsair vengeance (which isn't on the motherboards QVL)

What happens is when I turn it on there is no display on my tv which is a LG42LD450. I'm using a HDMI lead and I've tried it from the HDMI slot on the graphics card and the motherboard but no display. I also have no audio connection from the front panel so I can't hear no beeps. Please help me as this is my first build and I don't know what to do. Any help appreciated

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

As I have said building PC's is a lot about learning and can be tricky the first time.

My first build was a pain. When the components were out of the case everything worked fine, put them in the case nothing. Ended up taking it to my local shop who also had problems finding out what the cause was. Turned out one of the screws hold the motherboard in the case was causing a short. This was a good few years ago, components are far better now but you should always spend as much time as you can selecting your parts, then coming to a forum and posting your list so others can advise on any changes it might be best to make.

Anyway when the converter comes you will need to plug the 6 pin into your GPU and both the molex (4pin) plugs into your PSU. I am hoping that your PSU will supply enough amps doing it this way. Always better to have a PSU with twin PCI-E 6 pin connectors.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

Yeah I did list my components on a couple of sites like whirlpool.net and everyone said its fine they told me to change the graphics card, wished I went on this put up my components then at least someone like you could point me in the right direction.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

As I said it is a learning curve. I did not really understand the web when I first started, had a friend that sort of helped but I got there.

But I am really surprised you did not get an adapter cable with your GPU but it seems it is not included in XFX GPU's. Need to remember that, not that it matters I have spares,after a while building PC's you collect loads of bits and pieces or spares.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

Thank you I've got the screen to come on now, I'm so happy if I have any more problems can I right them hear for you to see. Thanks so much for helping me yesterday and today and for all the time you had for me.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Glad I could be of some small help. Any other problems then post away,I'll keep an eye open for you.

Next thing to do is to install your operating system. Then all the motherboard drivers, or the ones that are not installed automatically. Then go here and get the latest graphics card drivers. AMD. Either let AMD auto detect or just go through the drop down menus. Then use Windows update to do it's thing. Hopefully you will be good to go. not forgetting your anti-virus.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

Thanks a lot. A small help more like a large help for me, without you I'll still be here wondering what to to do.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

I think I might of bought a fake copy of windows 7 on amazon, it keeps saying genuine microsoft software in a pop up is it a virus.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

It is not a virus but you need to activate Windows and verify your license key. You can do this on the web or by phone it is easy. Doubt it is fake if you got it from Amazon.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You do not need to activate for thirty days so do not concern yourself with that for the minute.

Where or when are you getting this pop up and describe what you see and exactly what it says. As bumpkin quite rightly says you are not going to get a fake copy from Amazon.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I don't think I have built as many PCs as Chronos the 2nd, though I have built several, but the one I am using now, built about two months ago, is the first one that just worked at first switch-on. It is very easy to make a tiny mistake that leaves you stumped, until you stumble on it and put it right.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses