We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Build PC No Display

quinnism91

Likes # 0

I've just built a new pc specs 430w corsair builder series 80+ bronze intel core i53350p asrock H77-MPRO Radeon HD7870 500gb seagate 8gb corsair vengeance (which isn't on the motherboards QVL)

What happens is when I turn it on there is no display on my tv which is a LG42LD450. I'm using a HDMI lead and I've tried it from the HDMI slot on the graphics card and the motherboard but no display. I also have no audio connection from the front panel so I can't hear no beeps. Please help me as this is my first build and I don't know what to do. Any help appreciated

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

yeah I just bought a VGA cable and its still not showing anything on the screen

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

These might seem like obvious questions but I can assure you all us PC builders have been where you are right now.I can still remember my first build,it was a nightmare but I got there. If you have a local PC shop it would be useful if you could get your hands on the little motherboard speaker I mentioned earlier.

I am just downloading your mobo manual see if there is anything there to help. I do not know Asrock I am an Asus or Gigabyte man myself.

Did the HD 7870 come with a power connection and is that plugged in?

Are all fans turning, processor, power supply and graphics card? check that every thing is firmly seated.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

it may be possible to connect a front LED (Power/HDD) to the speaker connections, and translate flashes as beeps.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

I dont know if your from england but could a shop like maplins sell it. Thanks for all the help so far

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

yeah all the fans are spinning. The HD 7870 didnt I have to use the PSU to power it up with a 6 pin plug it has another 2 coming from it seperate but I can't find where to put it

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Did your graphics card come with one of these PSU adapter If you have not got a 6 pin connection on your power supply then you will need to use one or these which would have come with your GPU.Your graphics must be connected to the power supply as it will not work.

And yes you should be able to get the speaker button from Maplins. Still waiting on your manual downloading it is very slow.

I am in Britain yes.

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

No adapter an x cross fire and a couple of screws right, now my PSU connects to the graphics card with a 6 pin connection its like the one in the picture but it doesn't have a different end it comes from the PSU

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If your graphics card is connected directly to your power supply then you are fine.

I do not know where you are getting your components from but you seem to be short of what can usually be expected. A speaker button with case and an adapter with the GPU. Not that that matters if it connects to your PSU.

Earlier you wrote this "The HD 7870 didnt I have to use the PSU to power it up with a 6 pin plug it has another 2 coming from it seperate but I can't find where to put it."

What do you mean by that?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If you look in your manual on page 12 item 16 this is where the small motherboard speaker should go. this gives a variety of beeps which mean different things. See here. Hearing what beeps would hopefully help with your problem

Like this post
quinnism91

Likes # 0

Basically thats what powers my graphics card (the 6 pin connection) but I have another 2 pin connection that I cant put anywhere I was just wondering if you know anything about that

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015