We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

need help with building a gaming computer

metric man
Resolved

Likes # 0

so my main problem with building a gaming computer is the fact that I live in Brazil, where it's almost impossible to create your own computer because of the price's of the parts. I'm going to visit London sometime in 2013 and while I'm there I'd like to buy the core parts for a gaming computer. The keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc. I can buy later on but the CPU, graphics card, RAM, etc. I need to buy while I'm there (few weeks probably). My price range is around 500-600 pounds for just the computer. I know little about the best components for the best price and would appreciate anyone's advice :)

TL;DR:

i need to buy a computer with price range of around 500-600 pounds with no "external" parts (headphones, keyboards, etc.) and would appreciate any advice.

Like this post
metric man

Likes # 0

I'd be very grateful if you did :)

Like this post
metric man

Likes # 0

I'd be grateful if you did that :)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

No problem.Will have a look tomorrow.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This is a list from scan ignore the total price as I forgot to delete the Scansure £15.96 which you don't really need. This spec is much better than the YoYoTech one. I have made the operating system 64BIT but if you prefer to save money you can change that to the 32BIT version which would mean you would need only half the RAM.Your choice.

The Ebuyer spec I have dropped the OS to 32BIt,halved the RAM, chosen 5 days delivery which is free.

Scan.

Ebuyer.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You could probably swap the GTX 660 for a HD 7850 as there is not much difference,compare. Saving yourself around £20-£30 which you use to buy a better cooler for the CPU.

Like this post
metric man

Likes # 0

If I were to chose 32 bit instead of 64 bit, would it affect gaming a lot?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not at all.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Here is another build from Scan but this one has a HD7850 GPU and I have added a Arctic freezer cooler.Ignore the total I get free postage so it does not show it on the total list.But remove the Scansure and include £9.15 postage and the total comes to £569.30.

Like this post
metric man

Likes # 0

the last link you snet seems to be broken, could you send another one please?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

My apologies. Here you go. Scan.

Someone brought up an interesting point have you thought about import duties which I believe are quite steep in Brazil?Whilst not a great source, seems about right. Link.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015