We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I cant crop photos on my new Sony Vaio laptop

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I did have a windows Vista laptop that had a fantastic default programme that enabled me to crop and alter the colour/lightness/darkness and all sorts of things on a photo, on this Vaio laptop it opens the photo but there is no way to crop a photo (which I do alot for ebay) I am really disappointed after it was so simple with the Vista laptop, I have tried to open a photo in Paint.net programme but I cant figure out how to crop a photo in there, what can I do? is there a different default programme that will let me "fix" a photo like the Vista laptop did? (I am really disappointed with this Vaio laptop as its IMPOSSIBLE (for me) to figure out what to do, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
tarbyme

Likes # 0

East steps. Click paste you will get a menu drop down Click paste from go to the pictue you want click on it then click open. This will put it in paint. Now click on top menue CROP, drag cusor to picture hold down right click on mouse drag over picture you will see the idea. now go back to top menue and click crop this will put the cropped picture in To resize click on resize and you will see awindow with numbers in these are percentages of the picture for smaller put lower figure in fror larger higher. You will soon get the idea.

Like this post
tarbyme

Likes # 0

Not sure what you mean with the rectanglar cursor but to crop here are easy steps. Click on past top right hand corner menue will drop down. Click on Paste from now go to the picture you want double click on it now click open. This will put the picture in Paint. Now on top menue bar click crop. Drag the cursor down to the picture, right click and hold down lines in shape of a square will appear crop to what you want. now back to top menue and click crop this will crop the picture Job Done

Like this post
tarbyme

Likes # 0

Not sure what you mean with the rectanglar cursor but to crop here are easy steps. Click on past top right hand corner menue will drop down. Click on Paste from now go to the picture you want double click on it now click open. This will put the picture in Paint. Now on top menue bar click crop. Drag the cursor down to the picture, right click and hold down lines in shape of a square will appear crop to what you want. now back to top menue and click crop this will crop the picture Job Done

Like this post
tarbyme

Likes # 0

Sorry for the multi posts but the system is acting up will sort and be back

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

tarbyme, 'you'll be back', oh good, maybe by then you will tell us which software program you are referring to when you start the procedure and will have sorted out the correct steps (no mention of copy?) before you (presumably) open Paint to paste.

May I ask for the instructions to save the cropped picture and retain the original?

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

SillBill, I have just downloaded the Irfanview programme!! Yes, this is much better!! I have also uninstalled the windows Essentials 2012 programme and will re-install that again with the photoviewer later, I was told by someone to uninstall the one I have as he thinks I havent got the proper photoviewer installed properly, as he said that if I put a jpeg to my desktop (not sure how I do that, he said DONT use a jpeg photo from "my photos" but where do I find another jpeg from and how do I put it on the desktop?? anyway) he said to make the jpeg photo show on the desktop and right click on it and in "open with" look for "windows photo viewer" (this never came up on my photos when I right clicked) and then click "always open with.....windows photoviewer) and then he said I should get the photo showing in the first page of the viewer with the "fix" option on the top just like in Windows Vista where you can crop a photo immediately, but in the meantime I must say the Irfanview is very good and I can save the cropped version NEXT to the original in the "save as" and then pulling down the menu options to send it back to the right folder and file location it came from, very impressive, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

LTD I'm not sure that I can follow all that you are saying, but really you want to associate Irfanview with all your JPEGs and to send to the desk top in Save as... Just use the drop down list at the top and choose Desktop. Otherwise use right click and "Send to.."

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen