We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I cant crop photos on my new Sony Vaio laptop

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I did have a windows Vista laptop that had a fantastic default programme that enabled me to crop and alter the colour/lightness/darkness and all sorts of things on a photo, on this Vaio laptop it opens the photo but there is no way to crop a photo (which I do alot for ebay) I am really disappointed after it was so simple with the Vista laptop, I have tried to open a photo in Paint.net programme but I cant figure out how to crop a photo in there, what can I do? is there a different default programme that will let me "fix" a photo like the Vista laptop did? (I am really disappointed with this Vaio laptop as its IMPOSSIBLE (for me) to figure out what to do, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell, I am busy downloading this windows live essentials now (i clicked on all of the features which the downloader recommends) when this is dowloaded does it mean that when I open a photo (from SD card or photos) that I will get that window showing the photo with the "fix" option at the top of the preview page? Oh it will be such a relief if I can get it like it was in my Vista laptop!! for Tarbyme: I did manage to get the cropped part of a photo (only) showing after clicking on "crop" for a 2nd time after setting the cursor around the part I wanted to crop, and I did manage to save it to the same folder - it does leave the original photo intact and show a 2nd cropped photo, but I would still rather have this windoes live essentials programme like Woolwell said I had, hope it all downloads well and I am back to the system I had with the Vista laptop, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE by the way this is a bit different, I was trying to make the recover disks befoe and the Vaio care programme advises using DVD- disks but I only have 3 and need 4, I am in Holland and I can only find DVD+ here, I was told that they dont stock DVD- anymore, but I think its utter tosh as I can buy them dirt cheap in England (holland is a terrible rip off, €25 for 20 DVD+ disks!!!! - cheapest!! - does it matter if I did use DVD+ or should I wait to get the DVD- ones in England??

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Amazon Germany can supply Blank DVDs way cheaper than £1.00 each!

> http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nbsbnoss?_mkde_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=node%3D514839031&field-keywords=Leer+DVD

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Link is broken - Copy and paste.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have downloaded the windows live essentials and restarted computer but if I open a photo on preview it still doesnt open the photo with the "fix" things at the top like the old laptop used to do?? have I got to alter how the default photo viewer opens up? and if so., how do I do that? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

SillBill, I will buy DVD- disks at Morrisons or Asda supermarket in England, they are only about £10 for 25 there! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Asda do their own brand at 15 quid for a hundred!

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell, NO, this isnt working at all, I opened a photo and whatever I try its not opening in the window with the "fix" option at the top, whatever way i try to "open with" its still the same, will have to shut it all down now, I am PIG SICK of going around and around and around and around for HOURS ON END and getting nowhere with these bloody computers that have MILLIONS of option that are IMPOSSIBLE to understand - learning Dutch was sheer simplicity compared to these horrible things!!!! LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Open control panel and do a search for windows photo gallery. Still in control panel make it the default under Default Programs.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

@rdave13

It's now a quarter to one in Holland, LTD may have turned in!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for that :)

There's always tomorrow wherever you are.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad