We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Java problem

Salut
Resolved

Likes # 0

For some reason Java version 7,10 is not being recognised. Graphics that worked yesterday now do not work and request the Java plugin be downloaded. That I have done. I have also deleted and re-installed Java but the problem persists. Java is not shown as installed by the Java website, yet, when I try to re-install from the website it says that it is!

Any ideas from you tech guys out there in the ether?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You don't say which browser you are using. There have been some problems in Firefox and this has caused a re - installation of the browser.

Have you tried the offline method for downloading Java - here?

Have you tried to restore to a point when it was working ok?

Like this post
Salut

Likes # 0

difar, thanks for the response. Tried a restore point without any success. Also tried the offline method. I am currently using both Firefox 18 and Chrome 25.0.1364.5 both of which I understand to be the latest. I haven't tried a re-installation of the browsers, will give that a go tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the support.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at JavaRa. It can totally remove Java, then reboot, and try installing the new version. I always remove the older version in programs and features before installing the newer version. Old habit, even though it's supposed to be automatic these days.

Like this post
Salut

Likes # 0

rdave13 and difar, thanks for the feedback. Have just completed the following.

Using JavaRa completely uninstalled Java. Have run CCleaner. Rebooted and installed Java using the offline method.

Result, Java is still not running graphics. Each time I am informed that I need ti install plugin: when I go through the sequence I get the stage where the system tells me that Java is installed. However, when I go onto the Java website it says that none can be detected!!

Any other suggestions please...

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

You are using beta versions of both Firefox and Chrome. Perhaps this is the cause of your problem. I suggest that you try the latest stable versions (Firefox 17.0.1 and Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m).

Like this post  
unksnogan

Likes # 0

Salut, I am experiencing the exact same symptoms, have tried most of the same fixes, with the same lack of results. I thought that maybe it has to do with having recently installed TurboTax...?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

A new update for Java out now.

Just click on java in the control panel and press update.

Java7.11

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer