We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Urgent help with Windows 8 Crash

lothlann

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a brand new Windows 8 laptop that I am configuring for my mother.

However, it keeps encountering a problem and crashing every few mins.

Can anyone help me? I have limited knowledge about Windows 8 and therefore I am not sure how to find out what caused the crash.

Thanks,

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

What do you mean by "configuring"? It should work straight out of the box.

Like this post
lothlann

Likes # 0

Nothing major. Mum isn't great with technology so im just installing what she wants, transferring her music etc. Just basic set up stuff really.

I am running a memory diagnostic now to check the RAM but I am not sure how I see the error logs to see why it crashed.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I'm not really the one to answer W8 questions but are you trying to install something that is incompatible with W8?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Like this post
tarbyme

Likes # 0

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

@ tarbyme

That link is not working.

Like this post
lothlann

Likes # 0

Cheers for the replies guys. I will check the compatibility of everything I installed but I think it has just been Office 2010 and Teamviewer.

Here is some data I got from the Event viewer, apologies if it isn't the correct thing:

• System

• Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 3

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

• TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-01-03T20:48:49.344612700Z

EventRecordID 2000

Correlation

• Execution

[ ProcessID] 4 [ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Jacqui-PC

• Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

• EventData

BugcheckCode 59 BugcheckParameter1 0xc0000005 BugcheckParameter2 0x1903b3000 BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff880195cfbf0 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress 0 PowerButtonTimestamp 0 BootAppStatus 0

The crash seems random, not when I am doing anything in particular. Also the tool found no problems with the memory.

Thanks,

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Perhaps take the pc back to where you bought it and ask them to have a look at it for you ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'