We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

video card spec help needed

rsturbo

Likes # 0

hi i play (or intend when released) the following - i have included the recommended specs for these as well. can somebody tell me the best card to get to play these? with a bit of headroom too for future games.

rome total war 2 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 3) arma 2 (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM empire total war NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB men of war assault squad GeForce 8600 GT

thank for any help

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What sort of budget have you?

What Wattage power supply (PSU) have you? You will find that out from a sticker on the PSU.

What processor (CPU) have you?

What is your current graphics card? (GPU.

Or it might be simpler to post make and model of your PC.

Like this post
rsturbo

Likes # 0

oops! i am building new pc. 6-700w psu i5 6gb ddr3 not sure on mboard yet

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

And most important budget????.

If you can afford it then a GTX670 or perhaps the GTX660 which is a little cheaper. or from the AMD side perhaps a 7870 or 7850 but it really depends on how much you want to spend.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Chronos: sledgehammer/nut...? :-) But your recommendations would definitely give the OP headrooom to the nth degree... :-)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Perhaps but I believe in getting the best you can afford + anyone of these has a decent lifespan.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I agree with Chronos , get the best you can afford ! But do remember , no point in having a great graphics card if your monitor is pants . as a rough guide , I would spend about the same on the monitor as I would on the Graphics .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...