We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Toshiba Qosmio F10 RAM Upgrade

BigDH79

Likes # 0

Hi,

I'm upgrading my old Tosh Qosmio F10 to 2GB (Its max capacity!)RAM. I bought 2x 1GB KOMPUTERBAY PC2700 SODIMMs from Amazon. With the 2 new modules in, thecomputer fails to boot. With either 1 of the 2 new modules in alone, the compuetr boots to windows and crashes. With the original 512MB Module in place and either of the 2 new modules in slot 2, the compuer operates correctly and windows recognises 1.5GB RAM. It runs faster than before in this state.

In my head: I have proven compatibility and functionality of both new modules. The system expects to see the original module - or one like it - and when it doesn't it falls over. I need to change a setting to change its expectation.

BIOS setting?

Pleas help.

Dave

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

The Tosh Bios may be a varient of the AMi Bios try:-

Press the "Alt" and "F1" keys to unlock the hidden settings on the AMI BIOS. If nothing happens, try pressing "Shift" and "F1" or "Ctrl" and "F1" instead.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...