We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replacement hard drive

ordep

Likes # 0

I need to replace the hard drive on a MSI CR500 (model No. 1683)laptop. Ive got the hard drive out but, I've no idea how to order a new one. Any idea's thanks ordep

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I would try eBay or Amazon.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Is this your PC?

Any 2.5 HDD will fit. Take your pick.Amazon.

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

Thanks for your replies. Plenty of h/d on ebay & Amazon Notec but whitch one.

Yes, that looks like it Chronos.

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

On the h/d, there are the numbers. WD500BEVT

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

So long as you fit the same type of Drive ie SATA or IDE and the size is the same ie 3.5 inch or 2.5 inch, you can fit any drive you want. In your case the existing drive is a 500GB, SATA 2, 2.5 inch drive. Pick any drive of that type. The more expensive ones will spin at 7200rpm whereas the cheaper ones at 5400rpm so have slightly faster access times but they can run hotter requiring good cooling and can make a bit more background noise.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Forgot to add that size does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

I was just looking at those Chronos.

So this one would do the job.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Internal-Playstation-Compatible/dp/B0037NYQ6Q/ref=srob2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357222228&sr=8-2

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

That will be fine, but it does not have to be Western Digital as I said any 2.5 Sata HDD will fit.

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

Brilliant! Many thanks every one. ordep

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added