We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

network card help

ball_footy

Likes # 0

hi , must be a couple of years since last post ,have just upgraded to 50mbs broadband (upc) but am told that my network card needs to be upgraded as well , as the network card is intergrated in the motherboard I was thinking of an external network adapter will it work and where can I get one ,my pc is MEDION MD8828PC and its 3 years old thanks in advance

Like this post
ball_footy

Likes # 0

hi again ,, am having trouble with tv card as well BGT3510 TV CARD its not anywhere to be found device manager as well see pic

Like this post
ball_footy

Likes # 0

Like this post
ball_footy

Likes # 0

Like this post
ball_footy

Likes # 0

hope this helps

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Looks like it's not installed properly, have you uninstalled it and then reinstalled drivers? You've a ! at the side of Multimedia controller in your screenshot.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"am having trouble with tv card as well BGT3510 TV CARD"

I agree with Lotvic, it looks like your TV card is missing its drivers.

Unfortunately there don't appear to be any Windows 8 drivers available yet for your card but you'll probably find the Windows 7 ones will work just fine. Here's the download page you need. Make sure you download the appropriate driver for your version of Windows 8 - either 32-bit or 64-bit. After the download completes you'll need to unzip the files.

If you need step-by-step instructions for installing the drivers then have a look here at page #5, step 4.1.6 onwards.

Good luck.

Like this post
ball_footy

Likes # 0

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

It looks like you're trying to install the wrong driver. If your TV card really is a BGT3510 then you need one of the BGT3500 / 3510 Driver downloads on that page. From your screenshot it shows you've downloaded a driver for the BGT3540.

Like this post
ball_footy

Likes # 0

sorry I downloaded loads of drivers and took pics that was the wrong one so I went back and did it again and you never guess what happened !!!

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2692/yahooa.jpg

will try and let you know what happens now

thx again for all the posts

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"so I went back and did it again and you never guess what happened !!!"

That looks better.

Feedback is a bit of rarity around here so I appreciate you returning to let us know how you got on :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?