We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LG42LM620T smart TV DLNA error message: THIS FILE IS INVALID...PLS HELP!!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Good evening and a happy new year to you all, I recently purchased the LG42LM620T smart Tv from john lewis, on dec 29th, and its all set up superbly well most of it. Anyway ive set the TV up,, and connected it to my surround sound system, my virgin HD box, my panasonic DMP-bdt220 blue ray player, and my ps3 games console. All the connections work fine BUT there is one problem. I'm using the LG smart share app to stream videos from my pc to tv, but i get the following message: THIS FILE IS INVALID. but when i put the same videso on a usb flash drive and connect it to the usb port on the tv they ALL play with no problems. is there any solution to this please,......as i want this to be a FULL HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!

Aslo I doint undertstand why ALL my videos on a usb flash drive attached to any of the usb ports for the tv play without any problems, BUT it wont play EXACT SAME files from my pc.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I found the following info: what you need to stream media from computers to your Smart TV

"A shared media library - your files must be stored in folders on your computer, external hard drive (attached to your computer or router), or network attached server (NAS) drive. It is best to organize your files in folders for video, music, and pictures. Once you have the files in a media library and the computer or device is connected to your router, the media player has to be able to see it as a source and display the files it finds.

Shared Windows media libraries can be seen by a Smart TV or media player. Devices like NAS drives can store massive media libraries and are typically DLNA certified so they will connect with your DLNA media player, Smart TV, or other connected device.

To be sure that your media player can see the videos, music, and movies you have stored on your Windows PC, you will have to be sure that the folders can be shared. For Windows 7 machines with Windows Media Player, add the folders with your media to your Windows Media Player library. Choose "Turn on home media streaming" under the "Stream " menu. The Windows Media Player can send the photos, music, or movies directly to many Smart TVs or media streamers. Click on the device icon in the upper right corner of the Windows Media Player window and choose the device where you want to play the movie, music, or slideshow. Be sure that the player or TV is turned on so Windows Media Player can see it."

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

also this might help LG Smart TV Networking and DNLA Servers on avforums.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Tips for selling on eBay: auction tactics to get the best price for second-hand products