We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connecting laptop to tv - Problems with screen cutting off!

Chrisphinx

Likes # 0

Hey, I have been having problems with connecting my laptop to my tv. I have a Panasonic 26" tv, model TX-26LMD70A and a HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook pc.

I have tried connecting them via HDMI, this causes cut off points at the top, bottom, right and left sides, as if it has been zoomed in too much at the centre. I then tried connecting using a VGA cable, this cut off the screen also, however when connecting via VGA, it gave me on option on my TV to adjust the screen, which allowed me to adjust it, but the bottom is still cut off and when I try to move the screen off, it's still cut off?

I have tried all the options on my tv with 16:9, 4:3 etc. and trying the zoom options. I have also tried display settings by changing to chance the resolutions but whenever I try to change resolutions it won't let me, very strange. I have also gone into my NVIDIA control panel to try fix the solution but haven't been able to sort out the problem.

If any one has any help it would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you looked in the Nvidia Control panel in the Adjust Desktop size and position? and have a play with the scaling options.

Like this post
Chrisphinx

Likes # 0

I managed to solve the problem by making my tv the main screen, however I could only get it to work in 720p, I tried the adjust my hdtv option that I found in the Nvidia control panel and managed to get it working in 1080p, thank you very much!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers