We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can I rename itunes album names

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi there

I have just copied my music albums from my memory stick, to my Itunes on .

Some of them show the name of artist. Some show name of artist and the words "unknown album" some show "unknown artist" and "unknown artist"

Any idea why, and how can I edit to insert name.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Open itunes,right click song/album click on Get info then Info and you can change or add titles ETC, if you also click on Artwork you can also change/add an image.

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, so I go into that box that appears and edit to suit?

Is it same place for artwork as a prompt says to go to Itune store, does it mean I can find any/all album artwork for each album?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What I tend to do is either let itunes have a go at finding the album cover or just Google the album name click on images and then save a picture that I want and then use that.

As most of my albums tend to be compilations (Hardstyle) I grab what I want, right click the image, click on Save picture as rename it then stick it in a folder in MY Picture's.You can then copy and paste it into the Artwork box for your album.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Chronos: you live and learn. I'd never heard of Hardstyle before, so had to look it up. Hmmm... ;-)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton

Odd style of music for a 59 year old to like but there you go.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Well, one or two things you've said, plus your user name, made me think you might be the north side of 40. I'm actually a year older than you, but stuck in the days of The Who, Deep Purple, Fairport Convention, Joni Mitchell, Roxy Music...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...