We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Antec 620w psu

jack1988

Likes # 0

I was wondering if this PSU will be ok and be enought wats for a gtx 660ti sc and a intel 15 3570k and a z77 sabertooth and a 1TB WD caviar black and a 128gb ssd :) ?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 1

At a guess - and PSUs are a bit of a black art as far as I'm concerned - the answer is 'yes'. It looks like, with average gaming, the 660 draws up to about 140 watts. Given that the Antec PSU is a pretty good one, I'd say you should be OK.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 1

That should be a nice machine, btw... :-)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

More than enough. Nice case but it is big and more suited to water cooling.

I used to use big cases when building my rigs but my current one,just finished is in a much smaller case, why have I gone smaller well I always seem to be upgrading and so have to move the case frequently and I am not getting any younger so weight was an issue. This rig sits beside me and is silent as I can get it. I dropped the voltage on the fans so that they turn much slower but more silently and still shift plenty of air through the case.

My specs.//Lian Li V354A//MSI H77MA-G43//I5 2500K //Arctic Cooling Freezer 11 //8GB XMS3 Classic 1600 MHz//Asus Direct CU 11 GTX 670//128GB Crucial m4//2 x 1TB HDD//Corsair AX 650 PSU//Dell U2711//Dell U2410//2 x BitFenix Spectre PWM 120mm Blue LED Fan//1 x BitFenix Spectre PWM 140mm Blue LED Fan.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 1

Nice system , 620 W should be more than enough . I run a 3770k overclocked , gtx680sc , 16 Gb vengeance ram ,5 fans ,and liquid cooling on a sabertooth MoBo with a 650 W PSU , never had any issues . Nice case , bit too many lights for my personal taste , but should look pretty cool when all up and running . good luck .

Like this post
jack1988

Likes # 0

Thanks buddy yea im building it at the end of this week the case is a bitfenix colossus with 16GB corsair vengenance with a 212 evo cpu cooler :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote