We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's the problem with pc advisor

nemrutdagi

Likes # 0

This is my second post and I getting a message that pc advisot think that is SPAM. I'm just asking a question about a program to watch pictures. How many people are getting this annoying message and pc letting some king of program deciding what is a spam. Are you one of them?.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

What is your question?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Sadly, as I see it, the Site has outgrown the abilities of its Creators.

For all it's failings, it still remains the best of its kind.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think site spam filters had to be upped a bit in last few months due to the amount of true spam (it filled first 2 pages at times) it might be certain words in your post or the link you are trying to post. If you want to post a website address without it becoming a link, remove the http:// at the front so it starts off with www like this www.pcadvisor.co.uk that doesn't make a link, and then people can copy and paste it into browser.

Or another way is to highlight some words in your post and then click on the globe with green arrow and paste the url into the box that pops up. Just make sure you overwrite the http as it only needs one.

Like this post
nemrutdagi

Likes # 0

I didn't use links or web sites. I just asked "there is nay good program to watch Pictures since windows 8 has messed up everything".

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

By Pictures do you mean Videos or Movies?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think VLC from videolan.org would be a good one, it's free and plays almost anything. More info see http://wiki.videolan.org/

Like this post
nemrutdagi

Likes # 0

I have VLC which is very good for movies and video. I refer to watching Photos. Before there was not a problem , now with W* I get a window displaying only 1 photo and doesn't allow me to continue. There is only an arrow on the upper left side to go back to the Pictures Library and then the same process starts again so I want a friendly program to watch pictures.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you mean a slideshow of your photos. Doesn't the Windows 8 Photos App do that?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Let the desktop’s Windows Photo Viewer program take over the job, follow these steps:

From the desktop, load the Control Panel.

Right-click the screen’s bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel from the pop-up menu.

When the Control Panel opens, click the Programs category. Click Default Programs and then click Set Your Default Programs.

The Set Default Programs window appears.

From the left pane, click Windows Photo Viewer. Then select Set This Program As Default and click OK.

That tells Windows Photo Viewer to open all of your photos, bypassing the Start screen’s Photos app.

After following these steps, a double-click on a digital photo fetches Windows Photo Viewer. The Start screen’s Pictures app still handles your photo displays when you’re visiting the Start screen. But while you’re on the desktop, the desktop’s Windows Photo Viewer takes over.

Screenshots and more info on: dummies.com

Like this post
nemrutdagi

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic. I don't understand why Microsoft has been messing with almost everything. They should improve but not making things confusing. The only positive thing about W8 is that it opens very fast but apart from that I don't find anything better. Next time I but a computer will be Apple. I have had enough of windows.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014