We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to download web mail

Dasmad

Likes # 0

I've had a yahoo email address for quite a while, but have only used it for certain purposes and have always accessed it on the web. apart from that I have always used my ISP's email servers for all personal stuff on my pc via outlook express (under win xp) , which I want to retain as email client, because it's simple and good but I want to start accessing yahoo mail from my pc, and sending via yahoo as an option. I've tried something called YPOPs, version 0.9.7.3, but it just doesn't do the job, so can someone advise me if there are better options ?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Try adding a new mail account in OE (Tools, Accounts, Addd, Mail) using the settings shown here:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/pop/pop-14.html

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Time to start thinking for the future. OE is not available on Win7 or later so you might like to think about using a different client. I use Pegasus but there are lots available, if you use MS Office then Outlook is a very good client.

Like this post
Dasmad

Likes # 0

hey, thanks for those links, basically giving the same info , but doesn't seem to work for me - it looks like it's working then just keeps asking for my password, which I've obviously rechecked.......my yahoo email address is a .com, but my isp is a uk satellite provider address, so should I still be using .co.uk in the pop and smtp addresses or what ?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Accounts: Servers: In (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com (or co.uk I find it works on either, useful if one server is down) Out SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (or co.uk) tick: My server requires Authentication

Advanced: Outgoing mail port SMTP 587 Incoming POP3 port 995 tick This server require a secure connection SSL

collecting on pc won't work until you go online and into Webmail Account Options and tick for Allow POP in mail forwarding

Like this post
Dasmad

Likes # 0

I know OE is old hat but it aint broke and I prefer it to Outlook.....but I will take a look at Pegasus. I actually have a win7 netbook, but reluctantly use Thunderbuird there, mainly to be able to access my local folders and keep up with email when travelling.

Like this post
Dasmad

Likes # 0

that's a good point lotvic but it seems I can't forward without signing up to yahoo mail plus, which I don't want to do - no chance then ?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

but my isp is a uk satellite provider address

Shouldn't you therefore be using the ISP outgoing address (SMTP) and Yahoo for the Incoming (POP)

lotvic will know better I think

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I gave the settings I have for my Outlook Express, (free) yahoo pop email account and they work ok for me.

Might be a workaround to get to the POP setting.. Try following the steps 1 - 8 on this guide under How to switch

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

ps, my ISP is TalkTalk

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers