We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

T-Mobile Pointer, software download

Bargee

Likes # 0

Hi,

I've been given a T-mobile pointer 3G wireless broadband device which I can't connect to the internet with as I can't get the device's management console software re-loaded onto my laptop as the device has already been recognised on it (long story) & I believe I need this to make the internet connection just like my existing T-mobile USB stick needs its loaded software in order to connect.

Is there a way I can re-install the device's software directly from it (there's no CD) or obtain a download for it from somewhere else?

I ask this before I get locked into lurid explainations with T-Mobile Support.

Cheers.

Like this post
Bargee

Likes # 0

As an aside, is there a way to get my Win 7 Home laptop to recognise the device as a "new" device or to delete the device in some way so that when I next connect it, it comes up as a new device?

Like this post
Bargee

Likes # 0

Cracked it!

Obviously too simple for me to realise the proper solution whilst I'd got my head stuck & sidetracked by the fact it's a wireless device!

Dis-connected & re-booted brain, connected the device's USB cable & up it all came, downloaded the software needed & its sorted. Just got to find a signal now.

Sorry to have wasted your time, thanks for looking.

Cheers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...