We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kindle Fire

Hotto

Likes # 0

I received a kindle fire for Xmas and have tried to get it connected to my Orange Livebox. on the wiFi screen it shows Livebox-2F81 good signal strength. I click it and it asks for password , I input the password and Push the Livebox WiFi button and Im connected . But when I switch off the Kindle Fire and try to reconnect it gives me - Autherisation Failed each time when I push the Livebox WiFi find button on it comes . How do I get it to connect Automatically

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you made sure that your Kindle Fire has been updated - Amazon update page here.

Have you tried resetting the Kindle - press and hold the start button for 20 seconds then release it. It should re-start. Wait 5 minutes and try to connect again.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

There are a few situations online just as you describe - one solution was to make sure that you have the correct mac address for your kindle fire - see this article. Once you have this then this should be used when setting up your connection.

Another issue is has the firmware on your router been updated? You need to go into the admin pages of your router to check this.

Like this post
Hotto

Likes # 0

Yes I have done the 20 second reset, I have checked the Mac Address The only thing I now need to check is the router firmware update.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you also checked for updates to the Kindle and tried switching your router on and off?

Like this post
Hotto

Likes # 0

Yes I have checked for the updates, and I have the latest version. I have also done the 20 Second switch off to reset the Kindle Fire, I have switch the Router off and on several times over the days still no effect. But I can go to Sons house and log in on his router no problem at all.... So what's not right Guy's.........

Like this post
Photographybooth

Likes # 0

The Fire is Amazon's latest addition to its numerous Kindle gadgets, only that its features are not limited to that of an e-reader.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014