We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Keeps Trying To Send Emails

dazzawm

Likes # 0

I keep getting Delivery Status Notification Faliures 100s at a time saying that Google keeps trying to send these emails. I know nothing of them or who they are going to. Why is this and how do I stop it please. Thanks.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sounds as though your gmail account may have been hacked and the first thing you must do is change the password.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Run Malwarebytes at first, as it looks as though you have a bug.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have a read of productforums.google.com/forum and before you change your password make sure your alternate email address (the one gmail will send instructions to, to change the password) has not been tampered with.

Like this post
dazzawm

Likes # 0

Its not a gmail email though. Its an old NTL email address!! I do have hotmail and gmail addys also but as you can imagine I have had this email for years and a lot of business', contacts etc use this. How do I go about changing the pw as NTL is no longer about? Or is there a program that will forward emails to one of my other email addys then I can delete this email from my PC and gradually advise everyone of my new addy. Thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ntl is now virgin. Can you log in there and change the password? One of your accounts seems to have been hacked. Change hotmail password too. Hotmail seems to be hacked too often for my liking.

Like this post
dazzawm

Likes # 0

I can't login to Virgin as I am not subscribed to them, I just kept the email address I had with ntl.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try logging in to their webmail with your ntl email and old password. If you get in there are account settings which allows you to change password. Virgin uses gmail.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow