We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Game controllers not working

ponytail

Likes # 0

Have just installed Ship Simulator 2008 but none of the threecontrollers I have seem to work with it.The controllers are Saitek P2500-Rumble pAD XBOX 360 wired controller Game Prince JH-907 How can I check if they are installed correctly I am running Windows 7

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Do they show up in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark against them? You've installed the drivers for them, right?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you configured the game to use the joysticks?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Just looked in devise manager but heading would they come under.I looked in devices and printers and clicked on two devices clicked on properties and it says devices are working properly and the drivers are up to date

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

How do I configure the game to use the joysticks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Page 16 of the manual. Apparently the game forum also has instructions but you have to register to view the technical parts. I haven't got the dame but I suggest that you go into options and configure controls. You have to select what you want to do and then click or move the appropriate part of the joystick. It is usual to have to configure the controls.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Unfortunate typo - game not dame!

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi woolwell so been so long in coming have now got the dreaded flu + pulled a muscle in my back.Thegame did not come with a manual and have looked onn line but not sure what all the controls aresuppoesed to do but will take another look

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The manual is usually on the game cd.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You might need to calibrate the controller. Pressing the CTRL + SHIFT keys when clicking on properties brings up the settings tab, from here.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

rdave13 - I found the game manual online and it indicates that the game is set up to use with keyboard and mouse and you have to change the input commands for the use with a joystick. It would seem that ponytail hasn't done this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen