We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nexus 7

RegScriv

Likes # 0

Anyone got a Nexus 7. Does it have a file/folder facility like Windows Explorer and does it allow files/folders to be transferred from a PC.

I want to store my photos in subject/day/month/year format. The iPad won't allow that sort of format or transfer from PC but I'm hoping that the Nexus 7 does have these features.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

RegScriv

'So muddypaws, you connect to your pc via a usb connector.'

Just re-read your earlier post.

Use wifi around the house and cable to transfer.

Happy New Year.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

My UBS OTG cable arrived today (£1.29 off ebay), it is slightly loose in the microUSB socket on the Nexus, but I downloaded Nexus Media Importer (NMI) and it all seems to do the job.

I looked around at other apps on the Google Play site that provide some degree of USB OTG support, but although the others were free, NMI was the only one I saw that made it clear that rooting was not required, plus NMI comes with an integrated file manager that works well enough for both media and other files.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback