We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lotus Organizer on Win 7

emmandelo1

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm in the process of moving everything from my old XP laptop to my new Win 7 laptop. On the XP I have Lotus Organizer. The install CD I have is Lotus Organizer 97 GS. But when I look in 'about' on the XP machine is says it's Lotus 6. So I've installed from the CD onto the Win 7 machine using compatability for XP Service Pack 2 as advised. It installs the program okay but when I try to open my backup file which is an org.or6 file it says it can't open it as it was created with a later version. I don't know how the program on the XP managed to update from Organizer 97 GS to Organizer 6. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Like this post
jayne.derek

Likes # 0

I have used lotus organizer for many years and have it running on windows 7 but over the years have transferred it many times as newer windows have come out. I run organizer 6.0 having upgraded each time a new organizer came out. Some years ago I put the savings file (not the backup) part of organizer into a separate file under my work – just dragged it across in windows explorer – or just open the organizer, go to file (top left) – save as and pick where you want it to save to (IE my work file) then go file – organizer preference – folders tab – and put your new location under the top row which is organizer files Then every time I back up my work it onto my remote hard drive it backs the work organizer work as well. I also regularly use this for transferring all my work between two computers with both having the windows 7 on them 1 64 bit and the other 32 bit with this you do not need the organizers internal back up but I have left it running as well. The only problem I have on 64 bit and 32 bit is when making a new “To Do” and add the start date it still shows todays date but it does enter it in the correct day – if any one knows how to cure this please let me know.

Like this post
HEADHUNTERTOM

Likes # 0

Hello Jayne! While looking for solution to alarm sounds problem on Organizer install on Win7Pro, I saw this post. Click Start, Click All Programs, Click IBM Lotus Organizer once. On Dropdown, right-mouse click IBM Lotus Organizer. Open Compatibility mode and check off "Disable desktop composition". Hit apply and OK and voila!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia