We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot back date

March Wind

Likes # 0

I have Windows XP I have not been able to back date the PC for two months ever since the PC said the add-ons are disabled. These I cannot enable so I have two on going problemes.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you mean System restore try it in safe mode.or do you mean update.

Are you using I/E or Firefox.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I mean System Restore. I use IE I also have Firefox on the PC this has only been on for a few weeks but I do not use it. I can only do a restore for the current month.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Failing system restore in XP is usually due to a corrupt restore point

Switch off system restore and back on again to delete all restore points and try and create a new restore point.

If it won't then you need to check if it is enabled in services.

if you have other XP problems as well then you may need to do a repair

Start -run - type

sfc /scannow

press Ok let windows scan and replace missing or corrupt windows files. (this will take awhile to complete.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK