We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft Flight

KPC

Likes # 0

I have MS Flight installed on a desktop computer which plays great. My graphics card has the usual monitor connection plus a HDMI socket which i have connected via HDMI cable to a 1080p sony tv. There is no problem with the desktop, internet and everything else what i can do on the pc i can do via the tv in my living room. The problem is the game, when i start it up,it turns the desktop into a black screen. Ive noticed when you start the game it seems to disable the desktop because there is no way to minimise or anything in game unless you press the windows key on your keyboard which after a few flashes on the monitor, you can then say go on the internet but when you close browser it goes back into the game and so on. there must be a way of getting the card to display the game, i just dont understand why it doesnt show on the tv. any ideas. its an AMD graphics card i have by the way.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I must admit I am having trouble trying to work out what your problem is. any chance you post a few more details?

Like this post
KPC

Likes # 0

thanks chronos for replying, first of all, this is MS flight, not MS Flight simulator. Basically if i play the game on the desktop computer, the game starts with a picture on top of your desktop, then when it loads, your desktop dissapears. with the connection to the tv via hdmi directly connected to the grahics card, everything is a perfect mirror until you start flight, then the monitor displays the game and the tv goes black screen.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Ah got you.Have a look at this. http://www.techhive.com/article/249362/howtoplaypcgamesonyour_hdtv.html

Like this post
KPC

Likes # 0

The card i have in the computer is a Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 with HDMI port. I have noticed that the tv has been recognised in AMD vision control centre

Like this post
KPC

Likes # 0

Cheers chronos, i will follow this advise and get back to you, fingers crossed. thanks again..... standby

Like this post
KPC

Likes # 0

no good, its the same, as soon as the game loads into its menu, the screen goes black on the tv.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You will need to play around with the settings, unfortunately I do not have any games on the PC that is connected to the TV. But I have just had a look and I have found a game that does not need Steam to play so will install it then see if it plays on the TV and get back to you.

Like this post
KPC

Likes # 0

cheers mate, thanks for that. When you mention steam, are you referring to the fact the game needs to connect to the internet?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

No what I meant is out of the 120 games I have on my main PC all but 3 need Steam to play.

Anyway have just installed American McGee's Alice on to the my HTPC which is connected to the telly and following the instructions I gave you in my link I had no problem getting the game to play on my TV. You need to remember to check the Make this my main display. And of course change it back after you have finished gaming. Just a few snaps to show you.

TV

PC via TV

Game loading

Game loaded

PC monitor

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone