We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Constant Rebooting on XP Home

finerty
Resolved

Likes # 0

I ran dban to erase data on hardrive. reinstalled windows, when i plug an external drive started to reboot constantly. on desktop, however the blue screen of death is appearing with the following info: Invalidkernelhandle

Technical info: 0x00000093 (0x00000318), 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 Beginning to dump Physical memory Physical dump memory completed.

Be grateful how i go about solving this issue many many thanks.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

If its a desktop, try switching the Ram sticks round

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

hi Woodchip, I tried each ram stick one of them causes the computer to rebbot. The other causes the the same blue screen message to come up with the same results.

Is my ram on the way out or is it another hardware problem. I ran a Memtest86+ this found no problems.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Whatever dban has 'nuked' it'd done a good job. I'd reinstall again and use the windows installation to do a full reformat prior to install. Doubt if it's a ram problem.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As you found out you have a ram problem

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You could try a Repair if you have a OS CD, Start the PC with the CD choose Setup, it will then look for a Operating System on the drive, it should find XP click on what it find to select it, then press R to repair

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Thanks woodchip i tried a repair however still came to the blue screen error. Gpt some new RAM an has now resolved te prblem.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers