We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Z5610 - upgrade help please?

Spondy12

Likes # 0

I have installed 8.2 GB of ram. I need to upgrade the graphics card and CPU - where do I start?

I have:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series Realtek High Definition Audio

This is an 'all in one' monitor with the PC built into it. Someone recommended the nVidia GTS 250 but I am not sure where to start???

SOS!!!

Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Most reviews that I have read state that there is no scope for upgrades. In many ways it is similar to a laptop where upgrading the CPU and graphics is generally not on.

Like this post
Spondy12

Likes # 0

Many thanks for the quick reply

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I was tempted to concur with Woolwell. My understanding is that all-in-ones like you have are not able to be upgraded. However, I thought I'd Google it and...

This looks like it's not for the faint-hearted.

Not sure about upgrading the CPU - but what you've got seems good to me...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...