We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

please help me with microsoft skydrive cloud storage

habs2habs

Likes # 0

hi everyone

please i need your help.

I am using microsoft skydrive 5GB free storage.

I tried to upload movie to skydrive which is 850MB,skydrive doesn't allow me to do that .

A message come up saying it exceed the 300MB.

If i buy an additional storage 50GB,will microsft allow me to upload unlimited file in size to skydrive storage

please is there any website to show me how to use microsoft skydrive step by step,example: on www.youtube.com

i hope to hear from you very soon

happy new year to all of you

my kindest regards habs2habs

Like this post
brambles

Likes # 0

www.dropbox.com is what I use for videos - try it out there isn't a 300mb limit and it is a popular 'CLOUD' application.

Go to www.dropbox.com and download the application.

You will have a dropobox icon on your desktop. Open the application - drag or copy your actual video file into the application - as you would on Skydrive.

When you go online to open the 'CLOUD' version your video will be there or it will be downloading - you can view it and there are numerous sharing options.

After that you can view your Dropbox from any computer by signing in.

You must have friends who have dropbox it is very big.

brambles

Like this post
brambles

Likes # 0

Files uploaded to Dropbox via the desktop application or mobile apps have no file size limit.

Files uploaded through the website (by pressing the upload button) have a 300 MB cap. In other words, each file you upload through the website must be 300 MB or less.

So you must have a desktop application in either Dropbox or Skydrive and there is no limit on Dropbox and a very large one on SkydriveBrambles

Like this post
habs2habs

Likes # 0

thank you all for your reply so quickly.

to be honest i had a look for dropbox website and found it a little bit expensive.

in microsoft skydrive for a year it cost around:$50 in dropbox in a year it cost $99

the same space 50GB

i downloaded skydrive desktop client,and tried to upload a file around 890MB,it looks fine(it uploaded fine).

please,do you think if i buy the extended storage 50GB,i can upload unlimited size to skydrive?

please can you tell me how to use skydrive step by step online,example from (www.youtube.com)?

i hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards habs2habs

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"A message come up saying it exceed the 300MB."

That's because the maximum permitted file size for upload is 300Mb.

If you have the SkyDrive desktop app you can add files upto 2Gb in size to your Skydrive folder, and they'll be uploaded automatically, as you've discovered.

Buying more storage will not affect the 300Mb file limit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...