We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This site on an iPad

bremner

Likes # 0

4-8 weeks ago a technical change appears to have been made to this site. A consequence is that the site is virtually unusable on an iPad unless Javascript is turned off.

This results in the site being much more usable but with niggles such as being unable to use the world icon for posting links and no preview window.

The biggest downside however is issues with 95% of other websites not working properly meaning having to go into settings and switching back on Javacript.

Can anyone suggest a possible remedy or can the techies at PCA please please sort this out.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

4Mb

Every other site I visit loads quickly - it is solely this site which causes the issue and only started after changes were made to the site a month or so ago.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't think that I'm getting the same problems. The site loads reasonably quickly on the iPad 2 (iOS6) for me. Did you try with ad-block on?

Opera Mini on the iPad loads the mobile version of the site but I find that slower then using Mercury or even Safari.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Yes had Ad Block on.

I have tried three different iPads each on different networks and they all have the same problems. Turning Javascript off always reves the problems but brings others.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm now puzzled by why I don't have the same extent of problem. Sorry I cannot help further.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Using Safari and an iPad2 it is very slow loading pages on PCA.

Maybe just as well that I don't use it very much.

I suppose it is like using Firefox without an ad blocker but maybe a bit slower.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Jock1e

Have you tried turning off Javascript in Safari .

Still no comment from PCA

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

bremner

No did not know that you could.Just new to the game and still trying to figure things out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow