We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Coral PaintShop Pro X5 - Error 1935

antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

Hi,

For years I had been using Coral PaintShop Pro X, but the other day, when I tried to re-install it, an error kept coming up to do with the C++ Redistributable.

Thinking that the time was up for this piece of software, I decided to upgrade and buy Coral PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate Edition.

When installing it, I get the following error:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.767",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

I did try 'Help and Support' but there was nothing there. I also looked around Google. I've tried doing it with Norton 360 disabled. I looked at the installed programs and could see the other C++ Redistibutables, none were the version suggested above, but I removed them all anyway to stop any conflicts. I used CCleaner to the registry.

I am out of ideas now. Anyone know what else it could be. Information seems very limited on this online.

FYI, I am running Windows 7 Home Edition.

Thanks for your help!

Antony

Like this post
Vain

Likes # 0

Not having knowledge of Corel, I looked online for some information but I was unable to find anything about error 1935 aside from it being caused by conflicting programs or anti-virus.

Hopefully you can figure out something soon, if you do please share

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Not sure it was a good idea to remove them all... programs depend on them perhaps you should go to Windows Update site and see what it suggests you need.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

try running the program in xp compatible mode

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

I have found this forum very helpful with all problems realating to paintshop pro

paintshop pro

I suggest you register and post your problem with them. As you say, support can be hard to find. Great program though!

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

Links seem to be broken again. Try again

paintshop pro

Like this post
antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

UPDATE

Hi all,

Thank you for all of your replies.

I still have the problem after following the steps of the clean startup. I also have gone back to a restore point to bring back all the packages that I unistalled. I posted in the coral forum but it has to be 'appoved'. The moderator for that forum has not logged in since August, so my hopes are not high.

Like this post
antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

UPDATE

Hi all,

Thank you for all of your replies.

I still have the problem after following the steps of the clean startup. I also have gone back to a restore point to bring back all the packages that I unistalled. I posted in the coral forum but it has to be 'appoved'. The moderator for that forum has not logged in since August, so my hopes are not high.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

I had a similar problem installing PSP and the problem was only solved by copying the DVD to the hard drive and installing from there. If your copy is on DVD try it, it might work.

Like this post
antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

Another Update

Well still no solution at the moment. The coral forum suggested I download the 32 bit and 64 bit of the distributable manually.

I tried this and guess what? I got exactly the same error.

Furthermore, I have discovered another more serious problem. My Windows Update no longer works. I am wondering whether the problem is linked.

So far there has been no solution except for reinstalling Windows, which to me is not a solution! There must be a way of restoring corrupt files without redoing the OS.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...