We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tablets - Biased Advice

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Soon be getting a 10" tablet, but which?

Looked at all the specs, know about app stores and vivid screens, so now just looking for totally biased, unreasonable advice.

I have a Galaxy S1, and a Galaxy Note. My wife has a Galaxy 7".

So do I stick with what I know and go for a Galaxy Note 10", do I stay with Android and go for a Nexus or similar, do I revert to Windows, or bite the bullet and go iPad?

The last will require counselling - since the days of the Apple Mac I have believed Apple to be the spawn of the devil and Jobs to be his biggest disciple!

So come on, please let me have your totally blind, unjustifiable prejudices!

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Google Nexus. So there. (Just because everything I've read says it's the best one out there. I should really have got one for my wife for Christmas, but left it too late, so she'll have to make do with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10. I'll tell her she got that because she likes her S2 phone so much. But I'll always be thinking "Shoulda got her the Nexus"..)

If not that - yep, the iPad is the best alternative. But I wouldn't have any of Steve Jobs' fruit in the house. The only reason my daughter's getting an iPhone 5 is because she'll be going back to university soon after Christmas, so I won't have to look at the bloody thing for too long.

That help? ;-)

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

By the way: you know that Samsung are currently offering a £50 cashback on the 10.1" tablets? That means I'll end up having paid £188 for my wife's, which seems reasonable.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Oh, and - I didn't think it was worth paying £80 more for the Note. It seemed to me that the pen and associated app would be entertaining for five minutes - and then never get used again. Your mileage may vary.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

There is the best and then the rest.

The rest have closed the gap on the best and you will have to pay a premium for the best.

Get the best buy an iPad you won't regret it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...