We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to Hide my IP Address

dssw19

Likes # 0

I would like to know how I can either mask or change my IP address. I am a proffesional gambler and when I make a bet the betting company can see my IP address. When I place a bet from the same IP address they restrict the size that I can bet. I want to know if there is an easy way to stop my IP address being shown, or a way to change my IP address when I login. Is there any software or downloads one can recommend? Would this in anyway slow down my browsing speed or is this a tedious time consuming job? All advice greatly appreciated.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Go to downloads section of this website , in the security section you will find this ChrisPC Free Anonymous Proxy 3.50 . I think this will meet your needs .

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

" I want to know if there is an easy way to stop my IP address being shown,"

That's not possible.

"...or a way to change my IP address when I login"

If you're a home user then it should be easy. The chances are that the public IP address assigned to you by your ISP is a dynamic one. If so then to get a new address simply turn off your broadband router and turn it on again. To confirm whether the address has changed, use a website like this one.

PS: Proxy servers are great for users that need to hide their real IP addresses but they probably aren't the most elegant solution for your particular situation.

Like this post
flashfaint

Likes # 0

Hi, You can use Proxy servers or software like elite proxy switcher to change your IP address. If you are a home user than you will be having dynamic Ip address.Just restart your modem/router and system ,your IP will be changed. Visit IP-Details.com to check if your IP is changed.

Like this post
janiman

Likes # 0

This is a most commonly asked question on internet now a day,s. Yes sometimes we really need to change the ip address. I changed my ip address when my ISP blocked many websites in my country. I used hide my ip software for this purpose. Very small software and easy to install. Now i can access any website that my IPS had blocked. You can use it too.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...