We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ccleaner again.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Ran Cleaner today at about dinner time and no notification about an update. 16:15 had an email from Priform that there was an update available. Anyone else, having this lack of notification? Running Win 8.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No one else has the "problem" then.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No one else has the "problem" then.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Must admit I set up three computers last few ays for Christmas presents and all with the older version 3.25. No notifications when the program was launched. You are right though v3.26 is now available and I've just opened ccleaner to be advised that it is available for download - thanks for the heads up!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Maybe the Update was posted on line, between 'Dinner Time' and 16:15

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Could well be wee eddie :) Last time though it was a few days after an update that I got the usual email and still the program didn't automatically show an update available even though all the correct boxes are ticked.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Refused update from notification a couple of days ago as was in a hurry.

Now Bottom right of screen shows

New version Click to download

Never had an email

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for that Fruit Bat /\0/. Funny thing is the notification works on the other three laptops, XP, 7 and 8. Just the desktop that's not showing it. I'll put it down to a Christmas goblin.. :)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

Hi just downloaded the latest version of Winaso on an old computer just to clean it up a bit.

Winaso has a new part to it where it updates your security.Thought that I would give it a go and the next thing was it was updating 130 Windows Updates.

I was going to restore it back to factory settings but could not get it to start.

the chap that had it had never updated it in the 4 years that he had it so I knew it needed a lot of updating .Never though that Winaso would be the one to do it.Only another 20 to go so it will be interesting to see if it starts after that.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Good luck with it Jock1e. Those 130 updates to download has taken some time I expect!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

Took about an hour or a bit more.The problem now is that it is installing them and you know how long some of those S/Packs take.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes