We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows xp reload verification problem

el jimbo2

Likes # 0

I am in the process of reloading win xp, and its virtually done.

My problem is that as it restarts it asks for verification, I press the yes option, and then nothing happens. I cannot actually get into windows. My windows xp is legitimate and I put in the genuine key during the installation process earlier.

I cannot re-install as it will no longer boot of the win xp disc.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

el jimbo2, on page 2 you said "My pc gets very slow and unresponsive. I find that if i flatten it then it become like a new machine"

Please clarify if you mean 'flatten the cmos battery' or if you mean 'flatten' as in wipe out and reinstall the op sys xp

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think you'd be better off downloading something like UBCD and burning it to cd then booting from that and wiping the harddrive so you can start again from scratch.

At the moment when you boot up the xp install takes up where it left off - at the stage where you told it to Activate (and it's stuck)

Like this post
el jimbo2

Likes # 0

Hi all!

Thanks for your help. I couldn't solve the problem and after a while the pc wouldn't even start.

Since its many years old I have decided to get my plastic out and buy a new machine.

Thanks for your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...